Includes: Transportation “Miami to Key West and Key West to Miami” the same day + Trolley Ticket while in Key West.
KEY WEST TRIP DESCRIPTION Take this 4 hour ride across 43 bridges and 31 islands to the “America’s Caribbean Islands.” The Florida Keys, a string of islands and islets bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. Once in Key West experience a Caribbean atmosphere complete with street artists, outdoor cafes and restaurants. Spend some time & explore Key West on your own. You may visit Ernest Hemingway’s House, The Southernmost point of the continental U.S.(the famous “90 miles to Cuba” Monument), The Mel Fisher Museum, the Light House Museum, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum or Mallory Square to mention a few. (tickets not included). You may also choose to includes one of our most popular choices of thinghs to do while in Key West as the snorkeling trip, the glass bottom boat ride or the Hop on Hop off trolley.
TROLLEY DESCRIPTION The island of Key West is full of fun and exciting things to do and see. From the Southernmost Point to the quaint streets of Old Town, our tour takes you to all the major areas and attractions. See Key West’s first tourist attraction, the Key West Aquarium, which was also the world’s first open air aquarium. Cross the street and you’ll find yourself back in the 1800’s at the Key West Shipwreck Treasures Museum, learning about how Key West became one of the richest cities in the US. The Oldest House Museum is also nearby; it is one of the many beautifully restored homes that are open to the public in Key West.
Stop by the Ernest Hemingway House Museum, where he is rumored to have written A Farewell to Arms—and don’t forget to look for the 6 or 7 toed cats! Marvel at the beautiful species of butterflies in the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, and wander next door to the Southernmost House Mansion and Museum, known for its 19th century architecture and tropical gardens. Cool off with a drink at the famous Sloppy Joe’s Bar or Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville in the Old Town area. But don’t leave Key West until you’ve watched the sunset from Mallory Square, a truly memorable experience!
There’s no better way to see all of Key West than with Old Town Trolley Tours.
- Miami to Key West Distance: 170 Miles (272 Kilometers)
- Departure dates: Daily
- Tour Duration: Approximately 14 hours
- Departure time: 7:45 AM.
- Departure Point: Complementary hotel pickup within Sunny Isles Beach, Miami Beach & Downtown Miami
- Arrival to Key West: approximately 12:00 AM.
- Departure Time from Key West: 5:30 PM
- Departure Point in Key West: Across the street from Flagler Station; Bus Stop located at 908 Caroline Street, Key West, FL.
- Key West is the only frost free City in the Continental United States and famous for it’s subtropical climate.
- Snow has never been reported in Key West
- Key West is closer to Cuba than Miami.
- In 1870 Key West was the richest and biggest City in Florida.
- Highway 1 connected 31 Islands with 43 bridges, the longest is the 7 miles along.
- Often you can see the leftovers from Flagler’s train to Key West